06 November 2010

Pizza Sauce


On my previous post I had posted two basic pizza dough recipes, Pizza dough without pizza sauce become useless, unless you only need the dough for bread sticks to go along with pasta or salad. That would be fine. Like I said earlier, I do cooked lots of Italian/Sicilian food, Although none in my family were Italian, but we do LOVE Italian food, We live in the country where there is many choices dishes from many countries around the world, Since my soul mate LOVE to eat and cooking is one of my passion, Obviously we are the perfect match except for the cleaning part, Unfortunately both of us hated it (we talk about that later.. haha)

Pizza Sauce

1/4 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
8 OZ Can Tomato Sauce
6 OZ Can Tomato Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Small Bay Leaf
1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter

In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic, stir and saute until soft, Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 30-60 minutes until the sauce got thick.


No comments:

Post a Comment