01 December 2010

CROQUETTE STUFFED WITH CHICKEN AND VEGGIES

a bites after all fried well...
When I tried to make this, actually I was thinking about how to make potato balls or croquettes without eggs but still crispy for the ‘vegetarian’ meals the Orthodox fasting.

This is the first time I try to make this food but I remember some how from my childhood memories, when I was helping my mother to make these for her ‘arisan’(Indonesian word for gathering and had some play with money) or when she throw a gathering with families or church friends.

My mom’ knows I like it very much but she didn’t like very much in making that because too many things to do and finish fast.

Before making this, I was eating some croquettes at Greek tavern (=restaurant) as appetizers but it was stuffing with cheese; its surprise me at first, never eat croquette like that, nice but my husband will not eat it when the cheese inside is feta (=Greek cheese). My husband is really Greek’s guy but hate feta cheese but his lucky, I don’t like it either.

Ok, I make some pictures to make all the beginners like me really easy to following this recipe.

Here are the ingredients:

4-6 pieces medium potatoes (remove the skin)
2 pieces white eggs
2 pieces carrots small (chop into small pieces)
½ piece chicken breast filled (non fat)
1 table spoon butter (as needed)
2 table spoon Soy sauce (as needed)
1 pieces garlic chop and smash
Salt & pepper
Black pepper
Bread crumbs as need it
Corn oil for fried
Water
All purpose flour

Preparations:
First boil or steam the potato until soft for around 30 minutes, just cut into small pieces so it soft faster after smash it well until really crush so you can make the potato balls nice an smooth, for this I ask my husband help. While you smash it don’t forget to as a pinch of salt and pepper if you like salty, if not no need.

Chop the carrots, for nice and soft result; just boil together with the potato but for me not.

Boil also the chicken breast before you chop it
 
For the stuffing:
In small pan with medium heat, melt butter with a little corn or olive oil then put the garlic chop and stir it until slightly brown then pour the chop carrots and chicken and stir fry it with the garlic; mix it well ad pinch salt and black pepper as you like, add the Soy sauce then stir it until mix all together well.

The croquettes:
After the smash potato and stuffing ready, start to make the potato balls using your hands, use some of olive or corn oil a little at your hands before you make the balls.
As you can see at below pictures;
 
After all ready and cover with bread crumbs then heat the corn oil with the pan for fries;
 
just remember the oil must be over the croquettes to make the brown color well, not like me, I didn’t put enough oil so when I turned it still have white lines there. 


For the vegetarian the white eggs you can replace it with all purpose flour and water; mixed it well and not so liquid, after you can cover it with bread crumbs before fried so it will as crispy as with the white eggs.for the stuffing also don't use butter or chicken; just chop mix veggies as you like; carrots, green onions etc and mixed it like salad; with olive oil and salt.

Have a nice time to try this, and don’t forget to live a comment after. GBU

No comments:

Post a Comment